Leave a Nest Co. Ltd. will host TECH PLAN DEMO DAY in THAILAND on June 19th, 2016 at University of Thai Chamber of Commerce.
Twelve startups originating from research labs in academia will gather and give presentations about their business ideas based on their technology. To this day, these teams have worked on their ideas and presentation with mentors from Leave a Nest.
In this event, teams from universities such as University of Thai Chamber of Commerce (UTCC), King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi (KMUTT), Mahidol University, Bangkok University, Kasetsart University will present their ideas. All participating teams are as follows:
- Auto dispensing machine for time-efficient service at hospitals
- Innovative application of gold nanoparticles for wound healing
- Thermostable and cheaper luciferase as gene reporter
- High-strong, elastic and toxic free GUM Metal for implant material
- Encapsulation technology to produce hydrophilic Sacha Inchi powder
- Extraction technology and various application of pineapple leaf fiber
- Improvement of evaporation machine to produce high quality honey
- Hydrogel to remove heavy metal from waste water
- Assistive glasses for blind people to listen to what they see
- Smart sensor system for detecting malodor and environment monitoring
- Pre-hospital care service to match people with appropriate medical knowledge or materials
- Service robots for restaurant as alternative human labor
This event was supported by ROHTO Pharmaceutical Co.,Ltd, Japan Tobacco Inc、Mitsui Chemicals, Inc、University of Thai Chamber of Commerce (UTCC), King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi (KMUTT), Mahidol University.
■About Tech Planter Asia Pacific
The program is supporting over 40 companies in the early seed stage in hardware, biotech, and agricultural technology, providing services from mentoring to business planning and fundraising. The companies come from Japan, Singapore, Taiwan, Malaysia, India, and Thailand. The program has 200 teams in 2016, up from 145 in 2015, and works with universities, corporates, and VCs to help find and accelerate startups in more unique spheres of tech. The combination of academic scientific researchers, business ideas, and corporates, makes for a very unique environment where academics are exploring the business ideas of tomorrow and not just the back-end technology. The program also provides applicants a platform to pitch their business ideas directly to large businesses and corporates.
Tech Planter is currently traveling the world, and will be in Malaysia on June 3, in Thailand on June 19, in Singapore on July 23, and in Taiwan on August 28. The winner from these rounds will be invited to join the other winners in the finals in Tokyo.
Tech in Asia article about Tech Planter and Japanese tech ventures
Tech Planter http://en.techplanter.com/
Any questions or inquiries for this event, please e-mail us: [email protected]
Attention to Ryuta Takeda in Global Platform Development Division.